I haven’t been sleeping well this week. There is so much on my mind and heart. You all know how it is. I’ve got a bundle right now. Perhaps listing them here will help me rest:
- My daughter and I are definitely moving from the midwest to the east coast — in about two months. LOTS to think about there.
- I need to get money from my ex before we go (an amount he owes me as part of the divorce agreement). And then I need to tell him I”m moving his daughter just a little far away…
- I haven’t seen Dan since he went to jail a week ago (or was it two weeks? yep, two weeks I think). The police automatically put a restraining order in place, which says we are not allowed to communicate. I’m going to try sending a letter to him anyway, just so he knows I care.
- Found out tonight that Dan’s dad (my ex) is considering bailing him out! THIS is what has me awake tonight. He asked my opinion, and, um, I said NO. I know he (my ex) wants to believe that dan will stay in rehab this time. I cannot agree.
- My boyfriend and I are sad that we will be very far apart, and unsure of what to do about our relationship when I move.
- Oh…That’s all for now.
BUT, there is light at the end of the tunnel, which you also know (or you will know someday). And for me, it’s that even if physical rest escapes me right now, I have spiritual rest and relief. When I cannot do for myself; God does for me. When I cannot find my own rest, I receive the peace that passes all understanding in the deepest part of my soul. When I cannot pray, the Holy Spirit cries out for me. And when I just have nothing more to give, God holds me gently until I can walk again.
I wish you all a blessed weekend. May you know the light of God’s love wherever you walk.
Your friend and journey companion,