At the end of September, I posted a link to a survey to gauge your interest in attending a conference created specifically for parents of addicts. I want to give you all a detailed report of the results as step one to revisiting this idea.
First, a great big THANK YOU to the 17 people who took the time to respond to the survey. I greatly appreciate you!
Here are the results:
- Personal stats: 17 people answered the survey. Most of us have 2 or 3 children. Two people said they have one child, and one has 4 or more (bless you!).
- Our addicts: 94 percent of you have one child in your family who is an addict. One person has two. That’s probably me.
- Travel: 46% of you (7) are willing to travel in-state to attend a conference; 33% (5) said you’d attend a regional conference; one person said they are willing to travel anywhere in the U.S. for the event.
- Time and Money: 33% said you can arrange the time and the money to go. Four people have time but need money (we can potentially help with this). Four have money but need time (this is harder).
- TOPICS: Here are your topical interests, starting with highest preference. Keep in mind that this is a limited list of topics that I thought would be interesting. At the end, I’ve listed two additional topics suggested by respondents. I really like them – and if I was to redo this survey (which I might) I would add both for voting.
- Social Networking with Other Parents
- Rehab Options and Financial Assistance
- Family Therapy; Science of Addiction; Info on Specific Drugs/Adddictions; Networking with Addiction professionals
- Fun/Relaxing Activites
- Warning Signs of Drug Use (I guess if we’re attending, we know these already!)
Warning Signs for Relapse
Sessions about/for Siblings of Addicts
I’ll be posting soon regarding NEXT STEPS. Please watch for that post because I’d sure appreciate everyone’s input to questions I’ll be asking.
Thanks for being here and, as always: God Bless!